The White Horse Press is a small independent family-run press specialising in environment and society from a humanities and social sciences perspective. We have published books and journals on a traditional basis for over 30 years and are now committed to transitioning to an Open Access model.
Fees & tiers
The White Horse Press offers a membership package with tiered pricing, as detailed below. For pricing in other countries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
USA & AUS
CRKN bands 11-13
Large org., high income country
Jisc bands 1-4
CRKN bands 7-10
Medium org., high income country
Jisc bands 5-6
CRKN bands 1-6
Small org., high income country / orgs. from middle-income countries
Jisc bands 7-10
*In the case of European institutions, tiering is determined by a combination of organisation size and the World Bank's classification of countries by income. Small organisations are defined as 0-4,999 FTE, medium organisations are defined as 5,000-9,999 FTE, and large organisations as 10,000+ FTE.
- WHP will supply Supporters with an annual report, or a link to a report online, detailing both WHP activities over the year and key financial information, including the contribution of OBC funds to our revenue streams.
- WHP will offer a 25% discount to any supporting university library on the sales of print titles, purchased directly via email@example.com.
- Usage statistics from JSTOR / ORL can be provided to supporting libraries on request.
- Supporters will be contributing to the publication of at least 5 peer-reviewed monographs and edited collections per year (rising to a projected 9 in Year 3).
- Supporters will be acknowledged both on the WHP webpage for each supported title and on the verso of the book in both print and digital editions. Social media will also be used to publicise OA titles and their supporters.
- Any income achieved through OBC in excess of the projected amount will be used either for OA publishing of more frontlist titles not otherwise funded, or to flip backlist titles to Open Access.