mediastudies.press is a nonprofit, scholar-led, open access publisher committed to a vision of OA that does not impose author paywalls in place of reader paywalls. We are committed to bibliodiversity, scaling small, mutual aid, and the campaign to reclaim scholarly publishing and its supporting infrastructure from the oligopolists.
Fees & tiers
mediastudies.press offers a membership package with tiered pricing, as detailed below. For pricing in other countries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
USA & AUS
CRKN bands 11-13
Large org., high income country
Jisc bands 1-4
CRKN bands 7-10
Medium org., high income country
Jisc bands 5-6
CRKN bands 1-6
Small org., high income country / orgs. from middle-income countries
Jisc bands 7-10
*In the case of European institutions, tiering is determined by a combination of organisation size and the World Bank's classification of countries by income. Small organisations are defined as 0-4,999 FTE, medium organisations are defined as 5,000-9,999 FTE, and large organisations as 10,000+ FTE.
media studies.press provides those who support its Membership Package with:
- an annual report, or a link to a report online, detailing both its activities over the year as well as key financial information, including the contribution of OBC funds to its revenue streams;
- acknowledgment of supporting libraries on mediastudies.press’ website, in newsletters, and on social media;
- a 40% discount on all of print editions purchased directly from mediastudies.press;
- a seat on mediastudies.press’ Library Advisory Board (optional);
- the right to use its logo in marketing activities.